Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Ultimate Color Morph


My wife and I recently restored our 1968 Camaro's interior (new seat foam, seat covers, OEM carpet, everything). The last day we worked on it all afternoon/evening and didn't stop until 4:00 in the morning. The reason we worked straight through is because for things like this my motivation comes and goes, and when it goes, its gone. The new parts to restore the interior had sat in the garage for the last 2 years in boxes. This car is an obvious piece of muscle car history and is in incredible shape. The car is also a piece of family history. It is the car that my wife rode to elementary school in. Her dad bought the car back in the '70's when it was only about 5 years old. My first car was a 1968 Camaro similar to this one, purchased w/my own earnings when I had just turned 15. There are a lot of 1st generation Camaro stories in the family and I have personally owned 4 of them (all 1968's), but I will try to bring this post back to the world of herps. I couldn't help noticing how well my Mexican Black Kingsnake matches the paint color of this family keepsake. I will say this: if a snake breeder can come up with a color morph combination of black, berry red, and chrome....that breeder will be able to name his price to me (any price).
Note: the kingsnake charges $5,000 per photo shoot





Robby (field herper from the old school)









2 comments:

Just Us said...

I think you should enter it into some shows. The car, not the snake!

Nolelaw said...

I think I got the exact color morph you are looking for. But I am also color blind so it could actually not be any of the colors you're looking for. Is there still a blank check waiting for my name and the amount to be filled in?